Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Really? How Old Are You?

So my youngest is sick today.  She had a fairly high fever last night and stayed home from school this morning.  I am a preschool teacher.  I love my job but it does not always have the flexibility that I need to be a present mother.  Finding a substitute is not always the easiest thing.  Anyway, my husband and I agreed on a split day.  He watched her this morning and then I came home and sent him to work.  I called during my break and asked how Pea was feeling.  Distracted sounding, he said fine.  Did she eat anything, I asked.  Nope, he said but I gave her some Sprite.  How is her fever, I then inquired.  I have no idea, he said, and I cannot figure out the thermometer.  OK, really?  My husband is an Engineer and has an MBA.  He is not stupid (well most of the time) and he cannot figure out a standard children's thermometer.  I was flabbergasted.  Men vs Women and we are the weaker sex.  I think not...

No comments:

Post a Comment